NOW FULL: Free Surf Lessons at Orewa Beach
Underground’s free surf lessons are back for the 2020 season and we’re pumped to get back in the water! Read on for details on dates, how to sign-up, what you need to bring and how you can hire a board.
Surf Lesson Times & Dates For This Season
All lessons run on Saturday mornings from 7.30-8.30am.
The lessons run regardless of weather. Sign-up is at 7.10am and surfers need to be ready to be in the water by 7.20am as this is when the safety briefing begins.
Saturday 10 October 2020 (finished) Saturday 31 October 2020 (finished) Saturday 14 November 2020 (finished) Saturday 28 November 2020 (finished)
- Saturday 12 December 2020 (cancelled)
Orewa Beach, we meet by the toilet block on the south side of Orewa Surf Club.
How to Sign Up
Due to overwhelming interest, our free surf lessons are now fully booked!
Have you bought a surfboard from US?
We have reserved a few spots in our remaining free surf lessons for people who have bought surfboards from Underground and would like to attend. Just email email@example.com and we will share with you a link to register.
If you do not have your own surfboard you are welcome to hire one from us. Surfboard hire costs $10 per lesson per surfer and needs to be paid in cash on the day.
Want to hire one? Just let us know in the registration form when you sign up.
Important to Know
- Kids under 10 years old MUST have a parent/guardian with them in the water
- The lessons run regardless of the weather unless the beach is closed
- We can’t provide wetsuits, so if you would like to wear one be sure to bring your own. Our store will be closed so make plans early if needed
- This is a fun community-run program organised by volunteers who are giving up their free time. Please respect that and the culture of the day
- We’ll email you the Thursday before a lesson to confirm and share any important updates
What to Bring
- Your surfboard, if you are bringing your own
- A wetsuit, if you require one
- A drink (surfing is thirsty work)
- A towel
- If you currently attend a surf lifesaving club please bring your hi-vis vest
Want a Private Lesson?
We also offer private surf lessons at Orewa Beach that are ideal for beginners.
A private 1 hour lesson cost $80 for up to 2 people – this includes surfboard hire. You can also hire a wetsuit for an extra $20pp.
To book a private lesson please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0212891660 and we’ll find a day and time that suits.